Candice Burch, RMHCI
Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern
I help adults, teens, and pre-teens with various struggles grow through the hardships they face and find meaning in moments that feel meaningless.
I’m most passionate about helping individuals conquer their fears, lessen their symptoms of anxiety, move past specific phobias that hinder their lives, and overcome traumatic events! I specialize in providing counseling to adults, teens, and pre-teens who are experiencing various forms of anxiety and trauma. I also treat individuals who struggle with depression, anger, grief, low self-esteem, ADHD, Bipolar Disorder, and so much more!
Often, people think that counseling is venting about your problems and receiving advise from a professional. Instead, therapists help you change your perspective so you can change your own life. At the end of it all, it’s a very empowering experience!
I like to help people through my empathetic nature, non-judgmental attitude, and clinical understanding. I take a holistic approach to counseling which includes keeping a person’s health, sleep patterns, spirituality, relationships, and culture in mind when navigating through the stages of change. The primary approaches that I use are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help change maladaptive thoughts and behaviors, In-vivo Exposure Therapy, Imaginal Exposure Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Strength-based Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy.
I work well with clients who…
- Are wanting to work towards improving their lives and lessen the severity and duration of their symptoms
- Are ready to leave what no longer serves them behind
- Are wanting to become more aware of the obstacles that are holding them back
- Want to experience more joy and are ready to work towards living a more value-rich life
- Embrace the idea that healing and growth is a beautiful journey
- Are ready to reflect on the chapters in their life so, they can heal and work towards becoming the person they were always meant to be
What’s it Like to Work Together
1. Get to Know each other
It is my mission to get to know you for you! I offer a judgement-free space and accept all of my clients for where they are at. It is my job to help people become aware of what is holding them back and work towards creating a clear path towards a brighter present, together!
2. Create Goals to Work Towards
During our time together, we will create goals for you to accomplish. I want to know how you’d like to feel, what you’d like to be doing differently in life, and what you’d like to accomplish in session, together. It is my mission to lead you in the right direction to where you want to be.
3. Clear your Pathway
In session, we will be looking at what behaviors, thoughts, and obstacles are leading you away from the life you want to live and what is already moving you towards the place you want to be. We will work towards clearing what is no longer serving you and give you tools to move you in the direction of fulfillment.
4. Celebrate all You’ve Accomplished
We will celebrate all you’ve accomplished and look back at how far you’ve come!
Training & Education
- I have a Master of Science degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology.
- I am an EMDRIA (EMDR International Association) approved EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) Therapist.
- Some of the specific trainings I received were in Counseling Theories, Human Growth and Development, Substance Abuse Theory and Prevention, Diagnostic and Treatment of Psychology, Social and Cultural Foundations of Counseling, Ethics, Career and Lifestyle, Trauma, and Human Sexuality. I have experience working in Community Mental Health settings and private practice.
- I have also completed numerous internships and have experience counseling individuals with anxiety, depression, grief, anger, trauma, codependency, low self-esteem, Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD, PTSD, specific phobias and so much more!